Wednesday, June 16, 2010

May 19, 2010

On this day on year ago, our baby girl was born.  The whole entire day and the night before, I constantly thought back to last year when she was born.........

Jed and I got up early.  Well, I did.  He slept later than me.  We had to be at the hospital at 5:00 to check-in and so the nurses could prepare me for my c-section.  Here's me posing for a final tummy picture before I changed into my gown....


I was nervous but extremely excited and happy to finally be able to meet my baby girl.  I was prepared and taken back for the section.  It took them a few extra minutes to get to her because I had so much scar tissue from Connor's birth.  When Dr. Hults got in there and saw her he started singing the song "Sweet Caroline"....The other guys, nurses, and even Jed sang along.  I can remember the moment I heard her cry for the first time.... Caroline Skipper Blackwell was born at exactly 8:00 am on the dot!   


She weighed 6 pounds and 4 ounces and was 18 1/4 inches long.  She was absolutely beautiful!!!!  Everything I had imagined she would be and more!!!!!
And here she is exactly one year later.........


Can't you tell she was so thrilled to be awake and have the camera shoved in her face?  Here she was a little while later in the "1" shirt I bought for her at Target.  She wore it to daycare and all the kids sang happy birthday to her and called her a big girl. 


 We went out to eat that night before church to celebrate her birthday.  She behaved so well!  She was showered all day with birthday hugs and kisses! 


A few things about her at 12 months.........She is still not walking.  We just knew she would early, but she so just loves to crawl and has absolutely no desire to walk!  She pulls up on everything and will stand up with out holding on, but will just not take a step!  She still wears size 4 diapers and eats TONS of food!  She loves to eat anything that won't eat her first!  At her 12 month check-up, she weighed 22 pounds and 7 ounces.  She was 30 1/2 inches long.  She's our BIG girl!!!!


Her favorite word is hey!  She tells everyone she sees hey, especially during church, which gets her into lots of trouble!  She also loves to drink juice (way too much)!  She loves to give us sugar, too.  She also has started pitching fits.  If she doesn't get her way, she screams! I think we are going to be in for it.....She also fights going to sleep at night. The least little noise wakes her up.  She's spent many nights in the bed with me and her daddy lately.  I wish she would start sleeping in her own bed again, but I know this is only a stage (Connor did the same thing) and it won't last for long.  So, I'm trying to enjoy the late night snuggles!!!!


Sweet, sweet girl, you are so loved by everyone around you!  Your daddy and I can't believe that you are a year old already!  It seems like just yesterday we found out that I was pregnant with you.  We have loved watching you grow.  You are developing your own personality and we just love seeing what each day brings.  You have completed our family.....We are so blessed that God gave us you!!!!!  We love you baby girl!!!!


****Tomorrow's post will detail her birthday party!


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Bowers said...

Heather, I hope you read this. I wasn't sure how else to get up with you other than your husband's facebook. If I don't hear from you, I'll try that. I sent Julie and Mandi a message about eating lunch on July 14th...it's a wednesday. It's not the only day I have free, I just picked one so we could make a plan. I'm bad about not making plans and then the days slip by and it's too late. If that won't work, let me know when will. I'll be glad to come to Andalusia. Most of you live over that way anyway. Call me and let me know. My home # is 853-0295. Can't wait!