Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh, Christmas trees...

We've had our trees up since the weekend after Thanksgiving.  We are enjoying them!  We love to turn the lights out and just sit in the glow of the Christmas lights. 

Connor especially loves them this year.  When he walks into the back door, he goes straight to the lights and says "On momma, turn them on".  He then goes to Caroline's and his bedroom and we have to turn on their trees.  He tells me every day that they are "pitty" (pretty).  He's NOT into Santa, but he's SO into the lights, which thrills me because that's one of my favorite parts.  



 Jed and I bought the tree in our living room the first year we were married.  So, this tree is making its fifth debut.  I don't have a theme for my tree or a specific color scheme. We have a great collection of ornaments.  I started my collection about eight years ago when I was in college.  I love to pull them out every year and reminisce. 

This is my new favorite ornament.  Brooke Ward Williams made it for me.  Incase you can't see it, it says: The Blackwells 2009: Jed, Heather, Connor, and Caroline.  She also drew little pictures of us.  I think it is adorable!  The yellowish circle between Jed and me is just the reflection from the flash.  It's not really on the ornament.   


This year I decided to do little trees in Connor and Caroline's rooms.  Their trees sit on their dressers.  They're not big trees, but they do the job.  As I said, Connor loves them.  I'm so glad I did them this year.  I'm going to make it a tradition every year!



Connor's tree is an Alabama tree.  I found some cute Alabama footballs at K-Mart and the round glitter balls (that just happen to be crimson and silver) at Target.  I used garland that I found at the Dollar Tree.  The bow was made from ribbon that I purchased at Wal-Mart.  I'm most proud of the tree skirt.  It was actually one of his baby blankets.



Caroline's tree matches her bedroom.  I used bright colored balls I got at Target, ribbon from Wal-Mart, and beaded garland from K-Mart.  Her tree skirt is one of her towels.



While I was at Dollar Tree I found this super cute metallic Christmas tree that I thought matched her room perfectly.  It looks super cute on her dresser!    



Everyone is asleep in my house.  I'm going to go sit in the recliner and enjoy my lights.  Merry Christmas!!!
Photobucket

No comments: