Monday, March 8, 2010

Snow Much Fun!!!

As most people in the South did, we TOTALLY enjoyed the snow we received in February!  When we woke up about 6:30, we couldn't believe our eyes.....  Jed and I were up first; we were just like children.  We were running around from the front yard to the back yard, taking pictures, and recording on the video camera.  It hadn't done this in 17 years. I was 12 years old the last time it snowed, and Jed was 15.




We let the kids sleep.  Caroline woke up first and then she helped us wake up Connor.  We put her in his bed and they just laughed and laughed at each other.  Can't you tell they love each other? 


You can't tell it in the picture above, but Caroline was sick during the snow.  She had just gone to visit Dr. E. on Thursday; she had double ear infections.  So, she didn't get to go outside very much.  Here's Connor's first reaction to the snow......   

We ate breakfast and enjoyed watching it snow.  It took forever to find warm clothes for everyone.  We're just not use to dressing so warm.  Connor had on four layers.  First, we all went out together for a family picture.  Our sweet neighbor, Hunter, took it for us.  After the picture, Caroline went right back inside.  We left her in her walker, and she stayed at the glass front door watching us play. 

   
Connor stared and stared at the snow.  And yes, he is in purple gloves.  I could not find his other red one!  He likes to play with them; we searched the house and couldn't find it.  So...he wore his sister's.  He cried and cried.  It was that or not play in the snow at all.  His daddy didn't like it either, but we had no choice!  We couldn't not play in the snow because of one missing red glove!


I got busy making a snowman.  And just let me say, making a snowman is SO much harder than it looks.   I told Jed I was going to have to google it and find out the best way.  I didn't.... but I sure did think about it.  I actually made our snowman about three or four different times.  When I would get the head on, Connor would knock it down.  Maycee, our dog, even knocked it down once, too.  Don't laugh, it was quite pitiful!  It wasn't as big as it looks in this picture.  It actually wasn't much taller than Connor, which isn't very tall at all.


Connor loved playing in the snow and being hit by snowballs.  He would just laugh and laugh.  It was so cute!  He and Jed also made snow angels. 

 
  



We finally had to force him to go inside, dry out, thaw out, and get warm.  Boy, he didn't like that part!!!!  He screamed and screamed and cried and cried!

The next time we went out, Caroline was down for a nap.  We recorded some more and took lots more pictures.  It was so beautiful. 



Connor decided that our security sign would make a great snow shovel.  He absolutely loved shoveling the snow and throwing it on his daddy.



On Saturday when the snow started melting and the sun was out, my mom and dad came over and brought my nephew Brock.  We wanted the kids to play together in the snow.  We had a blast with them.  My mom and I teamed up and attacked my dad in a snowball fight!  I've not laughed that hard in such a long time!!!

We got out Connor's plastic rake, shovel, and hoe for them to play with.  We found Connor's other red glove, so he didn't have to wear his sister's anymore!!!  His daddy was so glad! 


We dressed Caroline up in a million layers so she could watch the boys play.  She still wasn't feeling well, so she only stayed about 10 minutes.  She posed with my mom for a picture.


The boys played and played until they were frozen.  They both cried when we had to go in.  I could have too!  It was so sad telling the snow goodbye.  I hope it doesn't wait another 17 years to do it again!  I would love to play with my children in the snow again!   


Photobucket

No comments: