Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lions, Tigers, and Bears.......

This past Sunday, Jed, Connor, Caroline, and I went to McClellend's Critters with my mother-in-law and father-in-law. It is located in Banks, Alabama (way out in the woods).

They have lots of critters including bears, lions, tigers, monkeys, snakes, birds, goats, horses, deer, etc. You can see most of the animals you would see at the Montgomery Zoo. Mr. Mike gives you a tour, and the animals show you tricks that they've learned. Each of the animals have cute names, and Mr. Mike can call each one by name. Very impressive! They even have a picnic area with tables and swings. We had a bucket of food and were able to feed the animals (most of them). I got a huge kick out of the billy goats. They fought over the food. I felt so sorry for this one black goat because the male would not let her eat. I finally was able to sneak her some food. Jed and I loved to feed the animals just as much as Connor did.

This monkey loved Diet Cokes and marshmallows! Here he is drinking and relaxing.

Connor checking out Bucky, the baby deer. He was so cute. They let you go into the pen with him. They even let him out so Connor could get a better look at him. As you can see, Connor was very intrigued by him. He kept calling him puppy. To Connor, every animal is a puppy!


Connor called these precious baby goats puppies, too. They would come up to Connor and Caroline and lick the stroller. Connor would say, "No, No puppies. No No". It was so cute!

Here's a tiger and a bear doing their tricks. The tiger would stand on two legs for a piece of chicken. Look at how tall he is! He's so much taller than Mr. Mike! It looks like Mr. Mike and the bear are kissing, but they're not! Mr. Mike would put a marshmallow in his mouth and lean up to the fence. The bear would take it out of his mouth! Mr. Mike is a very brave man, maybe even a little crazy, too!


Jed, Connor, and Dan, my father-in-law, were very brave also... Jed held three snakes. He started out with the little red snake that 's crawling on Connor's stroller. Look at how interested Connor is in the snake. I couldn't believe it, especially since he is so afraid of bugs. He won't even touch them, but yet he lets a snake get that close to him and doesn't even flinch! Amazing!!


Jed held the snake by himself first, and then Dan stepped in for a picture. I was a chicken and would not even touch the snakes. They gave me the creeps! I even get goose pumps just thinking about them now!!!


We had a great time! I would love to go back, take a picnic lunch and spend the day. I have a nephew and some cousins that I'm sure would love to go! Thanks for the fun day Nay-Nay and Pop Pop!

No comments: