Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Church Fall Festival

Every year at church we have a fall festival.  We have a costume parade, a meal, games, pony rides, hay rides, and a bonfire.  We really enjoy the fellowship with other Christians!  Jed and I have been in charge of it for the past three years.  It always comes together and is successful because we have so many wonderful people who are able and willing to help!!!

Connor really enjoyed himself this year.  Caroline was good, but she had no clue what was going on.  As long as we gave her the bottle and her baby food, she was happy!

Connor dressed up as Elmo or Melmo has he calls it.  Caroline was a (girl) sock monkey.  This costume was actually Connor's from last year.  I just couldn't find anything that I loved for her, so at the last minute I decided to just add a bow to the costume.  I think she was cute! 



Connor was into the games this year.  I was able to walk around with him.  He even sat still to get his face painted.  He got a pumpkin; of course, it was rubbed off within five minutes.  But, it was cute!  (I don't know what is going on with my pictures.  I uploaded some from emails, I guess that's it?!)




After the games, we went down the hill to ride the pony.  Connor and Caroline both loved it.  She sat up there by herself for pictures and even grabbed the horn on the saddle like she knew what she was doing!  Of course, we got plenty of pictures!






 We ended the night with a hay ride.  It wasn't too cold.  Actually, it was very pleasant!  Connor loved it.  He sat in my lap, and we looked for the moon.  It kept going behind the clouds, and he would say "Bye, bye moon".  He snuggled with Jed and me.  Jed and I ate it up!  We both know it won't be long, and Connor will want nothing to do with us.... 



I'm closing with a few more pictures from our fun night.  The one below is of Connor and cousin Brock.  Brock was a puppy.  He showed up a little late and was unable to be in the costume parade. (that's why Connnor is not in his costume.)

Connor and Bailey posing.  Cousin Bailey was Tinker Bell.


 I can't help but post another picture of our baby girl. 



Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post about Halloween.  If anyone knows what is going on with my pictures, please let me know!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I saw on here where Connor liked 'Melmo'! So, when I saw this I thought of you guys :)http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/2009/09/elmo-birthday-party.html