Monday, November 9, 2009

"Falling" for you.....

So, as I was editing my three weeks worth of pictues, I realized that Connor turned 22 months on the day that Lauren came over to help me take their fall pictures on the square.  So, I'm combining these posts! 



Connor Ward means so much to Jed and me.  We "fall" more in love with him everyday!!!!  He is constantly learning new things (good and bad) everyday; we love to watch him discover. 

As I type this, he's sitting in my lap and trying to type on the keyboard.  He thinks he's hilarious when I push his hand away.  He just giggles and giggles...  I could listen to him all day! 



His vocabulary is really beginning to develop.  He is saying more words everyday.  We can better understand him now (most of the time!).  Jed is going to have to watch himself, especially during the Alabama games!  Connor heard him say "Oh, gosh!"  and now it's his favorite phrase! 

He also is beginning to recognize places and objects.  When we are on the way to my mom and dad's house and pass Mrs. Rose's road, he will say "bye, bye Rose".  He will also say Nay Nay and Maw Maw when we pull into their yards.  Just this morning, we drove by a truck hauling a green tractor, and Connor started yelling "Tractor, Momma!  Tractor!".  This afternoon on the way home, we saw a helicopter flying low.  Connor saw it out of his window and yelled "Copter, momma.  Copter". 


Connor has also started trying to help out with his baby sister.  If she's in her baby bed and starts to cry, he will find her pacifier or a toy and throw it up into her bed.  We're really going to have to watch him with this one!




We've started trying to get him to bow his head when Jed blesses the food.  He doesn't have that concept down yet, but he is so cute!!  He'll sit quietly and watch Jed and me during the prayer.  After we say Amen, he bows his head and says his jiberish.  We have no clue what he's saying, but we know the good Lord does!

He's also been doing a great job about going to sleep in his own bed.  Lately, he's been telling us he's ready to go nite-nite.  We take him and lay him down.  He wants his pillow and covers and lays down and goes to sleep.  For the last few weeks, he has done this without yelling and screaming!



Connor Ward Blackwell, you mean so much to us and bring us SO MUCH joy!!!  You are such a great boy and big brother.  Daddy, Caroline, and I love you so much!

*******I couldn't post this without showing you two pictures of Caroline by herself.  She wouldn't smile the day we took the pictures.  All she wanted to do was stick out her tongue....






I hope to be back tomorrow with church fall festival pictures.  Until then.......
Photobucket

1 comment:

Shae Page said...

LOVE your fall pictures! I've been trying to get Annistyn up to the square, but that hasn't happened yet! I've also been trying to get her to a cotton field and it keeps raining!!!
Chad is my first cousin. He's really more like my brother since we grew up together. He lived with us for a long time when I was in middle school and high school. Me and Shelley always just call him our brother! I can't believe he has a baby now!
Enjoy your 4-day week! I know I will!